×

Notice

There was a problem rendering your image gallery. Please make sure that the folder you are using in the Simple Image Gallery plugin tags exists and contains valid image files. The plugin could not locate the folder: images/program-images/eikones-tou-tritou-kosmou

Third World Pictures: Reality and Development

Rate this item
(0 votes)

Additional Info

Program Type Public awareness program in Hellas
Project Location Hellas (Athens, Thessaloniki, Patra, Larissa, Florina, Komotini, Ioannina).
Target Group Elementary school pupils, teacher and parents' associations, Municipalities and other Local Authorities, Mass Media.
Duration 36 months (1996-1999)
Partners Centre of Development and Training "European Perspective".
Budget - Funding The total program budget came up to the amount of 271.285 ECU, with a 75% funding received from the European Commission D.G. Development. The overall budget coresponding to the activities of KESSA DIMITRA came up to the amount of 135.500 ECU. Financial report / funding:75% (101.625 ECU) came from the EU and the rest 25% from the General Secretariat of Youth.
Program state Finished program

The project aimed at the promotion of Developmental Education in Hellas and the increase of the level of awareness and sensitisation of the target groups with respect to developmental issues, with the simultaneous promotion and dissemination of the cultural differences between countries. The activities implemented within the framework of the project, were the following:

 

  • Exposition of traditional artifacts from developing countries.
  • Theatrical play titled "The adventures of Birane in Africa", based on the adventures of a young boy from Senegal.
  • Awareness raising targeting local bodies, authorities and organizations.
  • Speeches with the participation of Non Governmental Organisations' representatives from Africa, Latin America and Asia.
  • Close co-operation with the Mass Media and awareness raising.

{gallery}program-images/eikones-tou-tritou-kosmou{/gallery}