The aims of the project were the following:
- The familiarization of Hellenic NGOs and the development of fruitful cooperations
- The familiarization of the public and youth in particular with the Hellenic NGOs
- The promotion of Social Dialogue
- The promotion of volunteer offer
- The finding of private, national, european and transnational funding sources for the activities of the NGOs
The project developed around the establishment of an Internet Portal, which can be found at the address www.anthropos.gr, constituting the first ever Hellenic Portal dedicated exclusively to the promotion of humanitarian and development oriented issues. The rest of the activities played a supportive role to the creation of the Portal and aimed at making it known to the public and particularly youth, but also to the NGOs themselves, whose operation the Portal is anticipated to improve.
Through the Portal, the participating NGOs have the opportunity to access information on:
- International and Hellenic developments in the field
- National, European and international sources of funding
- Offer of volunteer work by the citizens, who are interested to contribute to the activities of the NGOs
- The existence of other NGOs in Hellas and their field of activation
But they can also inform the public on:
- Their activities in Hellas and abroad
- The opportunities which exist with respect to volunteer work and offer.
The Internet Portal "anthropos.gr" was launched on the 18th of January 2001, fully operational, updated and ready to be used by the Hellenic NGOs and the public. The operation of the Portal has been particularly successful, as even today, many interested people visit it every month.