Within the framework of the program, a team of volunteers guided by an expert on theatrical activities, visited schools and undertook the following activities, with the active participation of the children:
- Participative training sessions for the children, focusing on humanitarian and volunteerism issues.
- Organizing of a photo exhibition with photographic material collected by Hellenic Humanitarian Organizations-ECHO partners during their missions.
- Painting exhibition by children coming from regions affected by the effects of catastrophic man made interventions.
The pupils were given the information leaflets of the program, alongside a CD ROM produced within its framework, which contained information on humanitarian crises, the contribution of ECHO for the improvement of the living conditions of the affected populations, the geographic distribution of Diaspora Hellenes in the entire world, but also ways for promoting the active participation of the pupils in voluntary activities.
The program activities took place in the following:
- 12 schools in Athens
- 7 schools in Thessaloniki
- 6 schools in Patras
- 6 schools in Larissa
- 1 school in Ioannina
- 6 schools in Xanthe
The program has been further enhanced with the organizing of an open training seminar for teachers of all grades in Larissa, Thessaloniki, Xanthe and Athens. The training seminar, which was titled "Presentation of participative training sessions for school pupils, on issues related to humanitarianism and volunteerism", focused on the following:
- Crises in our world.
- The contribution of the European Commission, the citizens and Hellenic Humanitarian Organizations.
- Awareness raising methodologies for youth (The contribution of social theatre in education, tools).