which many times lead many people from the entire world to migration, but also to the seeking of asylum in our country. The project aimed at familiarizing the pupils with the very important notions of “difference” and “multi-culturalism”, two concepts which are necessary so that there is cohesion and understanding of the other in modern societies and sad incidents of racism are avoided. Something like this was deemed necessary for the Municipality of Thessaloniki, which is characterized by high numbers of immigrants and refugees and the harmonious co-existence between the various groups constitutes a number one priority for social cohesion.
The project was developed around the following actions:
- Establishment of a group of volunteers
- Presentation of the project to the schools
- Creation of an educational CD ROM for the pupils
- Creation of an Internet website
- Organizing of a painting exhibition with a similar subject