51 Municipalities, 46 NGOs, 5 Municipal legal persons, 8 Public Sector Bodies and 18 Private Sector Bodies partook in this national endeavour.
The Local and Regional Authorities contributed by offering the infrastructure needed for the operation of the Social Structures. The NGOs, on their part, brought in the necessary know-how, the European Social Fund and the Greek Government paid for the salaries of the employees staffing the Social Structures and finally society offered goods and voluntary services.
In the project framework, the National Mechanism for Awareness-Raising and Information created, in order to provide information to the immediate beneficiaries concerning the Social Structures of Immediate Poverty Relief, as well as to the general public concerning its involvement in the operation of the Social Structures and its contributions of time and material goods. More specifically, the National Mechanism had undertaken the connection between society and Social Structures and the citizens’ mobilization so that they helped by offering services and material goods.
The National Mechanism for Awareness-Raising and Information consisted of the following departments:
A) The Call Center, which was responsible for:
- Receiving incoming calls and guiding citizens wishing to contribute to their regional social structures.
- Receiving incoming calls and guiding citizens in need to the relevant regional social structures.
- Receiving incoming calls and guiding citizens in need who live in regions without any Social Structures, in which case the Center should look through the listings with all the organizations and structures that can be of help and refer the citizen to them (i.e. church soup kitchens)
- Offering psychological support and information to the beneficiaries and referring them to the nearest Social Structure operating in their region so that they can receive help.
B) The internet site (www.koinoniasos.gr), which enabled the user (citizen or beneficiary) to:
- Locate all the Social Structures operating in Greece or in each region.
- Acquire the necessary knowledge and supplies so as to be adequately prepared for his/hers participation in any one of the Social Structures, operating as a “Volunteerism Training Centre”
- Watch on Web TV events, interviews, statements and topics relating to poverty and its relief as well as the activities of the Social Structures all over Greece.
C) The Press Office, which was responsible for:
- Finding media sponsors
- Maintaining the network of media sponsors
- National Advertisements on national media through sponsorships
- Forwarding press releases and interviews for the programme promotion
- The diagnostic process for the selection of the 6 best tv spots and the 6 best radio spots.
- Finding suitable sponsors for the final production of the TV and radio messages.
- The communication, programming and projection of TV and radio messages.
- The design and production of the publicity poster of the programme.
- Publicity and promotion of the programme.
- Sending press releases.
- Providing advisory support to the Social Structures for Poverty Relief of local networks that operated in the programme’s framework all over Greece for the best possible implementation of their publicity campaigns at the local media.
D) The Department for the Support of Social Structures was responsible for:
- The advisory and accounting support of the Social Structures.
- The knowledge and best practices exchange among the structures.
- Sending monthly reports to the Ministry of Labour, Social Security and Welfare.