The Expatriate Manager in the country of implementation of each program, is the person responsible for all the parameters contributing to its smooth implementation, from administration and monitoring, to the submission of reports and networking with other Non Governmental Organisations. S/he is based in the country of implementation and reports to the Project Manager at the head offices of "ANTHROPOMANIA" in Larissa, Hellas.
Among others, the responsibilities of the Expatriate Manager include the following:
- Representation of "ANTHROPOMANIA", where necessary.
- External communications with the program sponsor, local partners and other Non Governmental Organisations.
- Monitoring the implementation of the project activities, according to the contract signed between "ANTHROPOMANIA" and the sponsor.
- Supervision of the Field Office personnel.
- Financial administration (bank withdrawals, payments, keeping detailed financial records), where necessary and in accordance with "ANTHROPOMANIA" authorization.
- Supervising the administrative and monitoring systems based on the documents provided by "ANTHROPOMANIA".
- Submission of financial statements and reports concerning the progress of the project.
- Registration of all the needs for the smooth implementation of the project locally.
- Reporting any irregularities / problems concerning the project implementation.
- Contribution towards "ANTHROPOMANIA" magazine and other visibility material.
- Networking activities with other Non Governmental organizations and local/national organization.
- Managerial experience, in terms of project management and staff supervision.
- Administrative experience, including the maintenance of financial records.
- IT literacy (word processing, spread sheets, databases, e-mail, Internet, Intranet).
- Ability to apply immediate corrective measures.
- Highly developed communication skills.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Ability to take initiatives and lead a team.
- Previous involvement with a humanitarian / developmental program.
- Understanding of the principles of humanitarian aid.